meiun caroline maby, born in 1973
works in her studio of saint-malo, brittany, fr
professional artist / registered at la maison des artistes (nr: m746617) since 2005
• since 1998: continued professional practice of visual arts: painting, drawing, collage, digital art and photography.
international: a commissioned artist by private and corporate customers, maby regularly responds to special and demanding tenders — from single canvas to monumental paintings. private collectors, luxury hotels, property developers, interiors designers, small and large businesses are placing their trust in her artistic talent and leadership experience for international projects (france, switzerland, usa ...).
france: 2008 - 2011 | project "mind art®" / partnership with psychiatric hospital guillaume régnier of rennes, brittany: artist in residence - creation, artistic and technical development of the interactive art project "mind art®" aiming to enhance interaction between the artist and the art lover. "mind art®" allowed the visitor of an art show to modify the colours of a displayed painting thanks to an innovative digital pad.
creative art workshops were given to patients suffering from severe mental disorders. project funded by la fondation de france, la fondation reunica, lilly laboratories, french ministry of culture (d.r.a.c.).
france: 2009 | interactive art project "mind art®" / partnership with mobidium and kantik: installation at medef summer university.
france: 2005 - 2010 | fine art print studio: owner - high quality digital printing for professional painters and photographers; giclée® and digigraphy® processes.
• to know more about maby
• to contact her (price request, commission)
• since 2021 and 2010 - 2016: art therapist in private practice / jungian, humanist and transpersonal currents.
• since 2021: founding director of the npo 'elovution', art therapist and teacher.
'the object of elovution is to support the most vulnerable people with art therapy, to offer art therapy training to the professionals working with these people in the field and to promote collaborative artistic projects for disadvantaged populations, both in france and overseas'
• 2005 - 2015: founding director of the npo 'couleurs du coeur' (colors of the he/art), art therapist and teacher.
'couleurs du coeur' promoted humanistic philosophy and global collaboration through the use of art therapy. its primary aim was to bring psychological care to victims of ptsd & disadvantaged populations and to train carers in art therapy directly in the field.'
france: 2013 - 2015 | project: "art therapy for kids in need" / partnership with salvation army: art therapist - series of workshops with young minors and isolated refugees who arrived unaccompanied from afghanistan, mongolia, albania, syria... and for kids from 3 to 18 yo placed in a children's home (internship) by social or judicial services; clinical analysis.
sri lanka: 2013 | project: "interfaith art therapy training program" / partnership with national christian council of sri lanka: project and team manager - design and implementation of a specific training program given to 21 people: 17 tamil speaking (11 christians, 3 hindus, 2 atheists, 1 buddhist) and 4 christian sinhalese. the students were working all over the country as social workers, teachers, art teachers, ngo volunteers, carers, nurses, and priests.
france: 2012 - 2014 | project: "art therapy for women" at the oncology department / partnership with médecins de l’imaginaire & public hospital broussais of saint-malo, brittany: project manager - design and implementation of a new program of art therapy care for women in precarious situations and suffering from female specific cancer.
haiti: 2012 | project "help haitians to help haitians" / partnership with chart (us) & la maison l'arc en ciel (ca): project and team manager - design and implementation of a specific art therapy training program for an educational and healthcare team working with children affected and/or infected by aids. haitian students were trained in refugees camps in port-au-prince.
kenya: 2010 - 2014 | project "caroma art therapy center" / partnership with kenyatta university of nairobi (psychology department): distance supervisor for the creation of first art therapy training center in kenya, located in bungoma.
haiti: 2010 - 2011 | project "art therapy for children in haiti" / partnership with haitian ministries (us): project and team manager - design and implementation of an emergency program to support mental healthcare of children in the aftermath of the january 2010 earthquake (causing more than 200 000 deaths). workshops were given to more than 500 children in hospitals, orphanages, schools and camps of port-au-prince and surrounding provinces in order to prevent post traumatic stress disorder symptoms and behavioural disorders.
france: 2010 | project "art therapy for roma children" / partnership with pativ and école plénitude: art therapist - workshops offered to kids from 4 to 18 yo, all unschooled and for some of them, suffering from behavioural disorders.
france: 2009 - 2010 | maison d’enfants "l’envol": art-therapist - weekly art therapy workshops for female teenagers from 13 to 18 yo placed in a care institution (internship) by social or judicial services. all participants suffered from behavioural or severe mental health disorders (bipolarity, schizophrenia).
france: 2008 - 2009 | association "autisme espoir vers l’école": volunteer - animation of weekly play therapy workshops for an autistic child of 6 years old.
high-level athlete / sailing
• 1993 - 2002: international sail racer on multihulls (hc16, f18, f28): formula 28 european champion (2001, 2002), 3rd place at 'hobie cat 16 world cup' (1995, huatulco, mexico), 5th place at 'hobie cat 16 isaf world championship' (1994, la rochelle, france).
• 1990 à 2000: volunteering companion for multi-disabled teenagers during summer sea trips in the bay of saint-malo.
• 1989 à 1995: sailing instructor at saint-malo yacht club (summers).
• since jan. 2015 | student of sokuzan's, fully transmitted monk in the sōtō zen buddhist tradition. a direct student of chögyam trungpa rinpoche and kobun chino roshi, sokuzan is the head priest of the zen monastery sokukoji (michigan, usa). meiun caroline maby received a lay ordination (jukai) in the sōtō zen lineage and regularly completes residencies at sokukoji.
dharma student for more than 2 decades.
• 2020: yoga international, bernie clark | yin yoga teacher certification. practice of
yoga since 1990 (hatha, vinyasa, yin).
• since 2016: study and practice of traditional astrology in relationship with art and space (astrolocality & horary astrology).
• 2013: paris, france | ifpec - emotional freedom technique (eft 3) training
• 2009 - 2011: nantes, france | école plénitude - art therapy certification, with honors / dissertation title: « art therapy in humanitarian emergency situations: example of post-traumatic care in haiti ».
• 2008 - 2009: arles, france | profac, centre de psychologie appliquée - art therapy training.
• 1992 - 1993: from plymouth, great britain | cned - bachelor of technology (btech), international trading.
• 1991: france | bachelor's degree, mathematics and physics (c), with honors.
• 1989: france | federal sailing professorship b1-d1 certification, option multihull.
• professional artist, affiliated member of la maison des artistes.
• professional art therapist, accredited member of le syndicat français des art-thérapeutes.
more information available on request